Are you constantly comparing prices on everything from food to babysitters to gas per gallon? Then you, my friend, would love the best consignment sale in our area that is happening this weekend, September 20-22.
I keep thinking of those crazy couponers on reality TV who basically transfer the cost of getting free low-grade food via coupons toward the purchase of the top-quality beef that never goes on sale. That’s how it is at a consignment sale – except you buy the good stuff cheap at the consignment sale to save you money when you shop other places that never have sales (like your farmers market).
So, get thee to the Fall Just Between Friends Sale in Loudon at the Dulles Sportsplex in Sterling (near Dulles Town Center).
Here’s the secret: Shop as early as you can! Here’s how:
- Friday, September 20: Volunteer and consignor presale (sign up here) to get you in at various times on Friday; or buy a ticket for $20 to enter between 6:00pm – 9pm. One child allowed to enter with one adult per pass.
- Saturday, September 21, 8:30am – 10:30am: Facebook fans and members of the military get in first thing on Saturday. Register on Facebook or bring your military ID. Kids can come with.
- Saturday, September 21, 11:00am – 12:00pm: First time parents. But register here first!
- Saturday, September 21, 12:00pm – 6:00pm: Open to the public, with a $5 admission – or print this coupon here for free entry! Kids are welcome.
- Sunday, September 22, 8:00am – 12:00pm – Get your game on at this 50% off sale! Open to the public, free admission and kids are welcome.
I think this year I will be consigning the Cutest Halloween Costume Ever. The flamingo that my daughter wore two seasons ago. It’s worth posting a picture of it here.