Fall is just too chock full of festivals, fairs and lovely weather to stay home doing nothing. (Although I could probably do with a good dose of doing nothing).
Here are some of the most enticing events that are happening around Vienna:
Festivals, Celebrations and More
Each of these boasts a range of crafts, music, kids entertainment and food. How to choose?!
- Fall Festival, City of Fairfax. Saturday, October 13, 10am-5pm. Old Town Fairfax.
- Children’s Health Festival. Saturday, October 13, 9am-1pm. Audrey Moore Rec Center in McLean.
- Vienna Fire Department Open House. Saturday, October 13, 10am-4pm.
- Fauquier County Farm Tour & Field Day. Saturday, OCtober 13, 10am-5pm.
- Kids Euro Festival. October 17 – November 14 around DC.
- Vienna Halloween Parade. Wednesday, October 24, 7pm on Maple Ave.
- Vienna Choral Society concert. Saturday, October 27 – with a theme of “Swing! Music you can dance to!”
- Last year we went to Great Country Farms and loved it. This year, someone else referred us there and it wasn’t until we pulled up that we happily realized it was the same place! If you don’t have to worry about nap time, you could easily spend a full day here. There’s apple picking (where you arrive to the orchard via tractor pull), a variety of plentiful farm animals, a water sluice where you watch H2O go down multiple levels, a gigantic sandbox that is filled with corn kernels instead of corn (!!), a gigantic moon bounce jumpying thing (!!), playground equipment, maize maze, food and country store, and more. They’ve got several festivals happening throughout Fall.
- Cox Farms. I will finally visit this farm, which is a staple Fall destination for many families in Vienna. I’ll accompany Ladybug and her little preschool classmates on a trip there in the coming weeks.
I know there are loads more – add your favorites below!