If you haven’t noticed, it’s cold outside.
When I was in college in upstate New York, I biked to school in the snow and wore T-shirts to parties in the dead of winter. Now I get frostbite if I’m not wearing a down jacket when I walk from my house to my car. Is it me, or are winters colder now than they used to be?
Clearly this is no time to be going outside. Especially since my household is battling a number of illnesses: ear infection, cold, stomach bug. Why are we so sick? I thought we were eating well, washing our hands frequently and staying away from others who were sick. I guess it’s not enough. More vitamin C, please.
But we have to eat, and sometimes it’s just too much to go out and get food, let alone cook dinner. Back to my college days: I remember stacks of delivery menus shoved under our dorm room doors of restaurants only too happy to trek to us in freezing weather, often late at night. Yet here in Vienna, I’m often at a loss of where to call for delivery food.
To help us all out this winter, I decided to pull together a list of places that deliver in Vienna. Are these all? I haven’t tried many of these, but my Internet search shows me that they will bring hot food to my door.
- Joe’s Place Pizza & Pasta. 703-281-1111. Delivers within a 1.5 mile radius after 4:30pm. 435 Maple Avenue.
- New China King. 703-938-3888. 330 Maple Avenue West.
- Peking Express of Vienna. 703-281-2445. 103 Center Street North. Free delivery within a three mile radius.
- Serenity Chinese Restaurant. 703-281-9600. 165 Glyndon Street SE.
- Tara Thai. 703-255-2467. 226 Maple Ave West.
- Vocelli Pizza. 703-399-3028. 334 Maple Avenue West. $2.50 charge.